About Us > Running Dundry Pre-school
A Committee-run Pre-school
Dundry Pre-school is managed by a committee of parents/carers and other family members- some of which work full or part time and some with small babies. All members make time to ensure that the pre-school is kept running.
Every year we encourage new members to join the committee- this can be in various capacities:
- A member of the management, ie: become the secretary, treasurer etc.
- Attend regular meetings with ideas for fund raising, social events, ideas for activities in pre-school etc.
- Join us for the AGM in the summer term to hear about successes during the year and help plan for the next.
We have regular fundraising events, usually 3 a year, to raise funds for the resources we need to run the pre-school and enhance the children’s time with us. New ideas are always welcome, along with any help you can give organising the event either in advance or on the day.
There are other ways you can support the successful running of pre-school:
- Come to our regular fund raising events, and bring friends and family along too. These events are vital to buy new equipment, make continued improvements to our building and grounds and send staff on courses.
- Help with daily jobs- washing up at the end of a session, putting away equipment in the hall, offering to help set up the hall in the morning.
- Letting us know your skills so we can use them! ie: Can you make playdough? Play an instrument? Ride a horse? Paint? Speak a different language? Etc